Overview: Payroll/Accountant will manage our payroll system and accounting duties. In this role, your duties will include ensuring accurate salary payments, calculating overtime earnings, and updating employee information on the payroll system. To ensure success as a Payroll Accountant, you should demonstrate knowledge of applicable tax laws and ideally have experience in a similar role.
Details are critical in the GL accountant duties. You will be doing accounting tasks in collaboration with internal departments. You will be conducting audits on the accuracy of our financial information, providing assurance that our accounting practices adhere to regulations, and performing general ledger entries and account reconciliations. To ensure success as a GL accountant, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of best practices in general ledger accounting and experience in a similar role.
- Preparing ledger entries with earnings and deductions.
- Income withholding as it relates to garnishments, FOC, etc…
- Entering payroll information and maintaining payroll files.
- Calculating salaries, overtime earnings, and vacation deductions.
- Issuing paychecks and ACH deposits in a timely manner.
- Generating payroll reports for Managers to review.
- Updating payroll systems.
- Preparing payroll and tax reports for federal, state, and local agencies when required.
- Attending to payroll inquiries from employees.
Payroll Accountant Requirements:
- A minimum of two years' experience as a Payroll Accountant, or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Payroll Software, including Quickbooks.
- Extensive experience in preparing ledger entries and processing payments.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable tax laws.
- Experience in preparing payroll and tax reports, as well as answering payroll inquiries.
- Ability to maintain and update employees' payroll files
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
GL Accountant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information.
- Performing audits on financial data to assure its accuracy and truthfulness.
- Ensuring that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards.
- Aligning general ledger accounting practices to support budgeting and forecasting.
- Entering financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger on a monthly basis, as well as preparing reports.
- Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Accounts payable and receivable activities.
- Reconciling accounts with the general ledger.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
GL Accountant Requirements:
- Proficiency in accounting and business management software.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and timeliness.
- Superb time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year