First Impressions Director for Jackson County Chamber of Commerce and Experience Jackson
POSITION: First Impressions Director with the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) and under contract with Jackson County Visitors Bureau (Experience Jackson). Full time 40 hour per week position. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Summary: This is a support position responsible for clerical duties related to Chamber and Experience Jackson activities. This position reports directly to the President.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position provides support and organizational services for Chamber and Experience Jackson. This person will serve as the front-line of communication for all Chamber and Experience Jackson activities. This person must be fully informed about Chamber, Experience Jackson and general Jackson community information, programs and activities and purposes and missions. Also, the person must be personable and welcoming in all communications (in person, over the phone, in writing, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a welcoming, knowledgeable and friendly first impression for all people who enter premises;
- Provide clerical support for day to day operation of Chamber and Experience Jackson;
- Answer all incoming calls no later than the second ring;
- Respond to member inquiries for support & services, including digital/print mailing label requests;
- Send, open and distribute mail, including new/renewing member packets;
- Assist Experience Jackson with general office duties included but not limited to hotel calls, Board updates, data entry and assembling welcome packets for community members;
- Make appropriate updates to both ExperienceJackson.com and JacksonChamber.org;
- Create and send Jackson 5 weekly events email, seasonal emails and monthly emails for Experience Jackson;
- Assist with Group Tour and Tourney Town;
- Assist with general accounting, including mailing invoices and bills and processing deposits;
- Replenish, create and mail Visitors Packets as needed;
- Attend and staff trade shows and other public events to promote Jackson as appropriate;
- Maintain the general cleanliness and up keep of the office through regular removal of the trash and recycling, wiping down surfaces as needed and consistent replenishment of brochure racks. Areas include the front office area, printer/copier area, break room and conference room;
- Effectively present information, both verbally and written, and respond to questions from clients and customers;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, committees, volunteers, civic groups and the general public;
- Effectively organize your time, coordinate multiple activities and maintain excellent follow-through;
- Frequently lift and move up to 40 pounds;
- Participate in ongoing training and education
- Other duties as appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Education: Associates Degree or experience
- Computer proficiency in standard Microsoft Office programs, strong understanding of Internet, including Facebook, and understanding of other computer programs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or conceptual form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work hours are generally reasonable, but there are routinely early morning meetings, evening meetings and periods when weekend work is required.
This job description is not to be construed a contractual agreement between parties but an outline of the duties as assigned. Employment within the Chamber is considered to be at will between all parties.