Are you a patient, detail-orientated self-starter with strong customer service, data entry, and phone communication skills? Are you open to a 6-month contract position, with potential for the contract to be extended?
In this position you will work with clients over the phone. You will patiently explain how to enter personal data into web forms. You will handle confidential data entry. And above all you will behave with respect and dignity toward clients.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Data Entry // Customer Service Representative
- Answer phone calls and emails throughout your shift
- Patiently explain online application forms
- Assist clients in figuring out how/where to obtain needed documentation
- Assist clients in submitting documentation to your office
- Enter data into proprietary software
- Handle each client with dignity and respect
Abilities, and Requirements of the Data Entry // Customer Service Representative
- High-speed internet access: most agents are temporarily performing work duties from home, a few office desks are available
- Internet access must be through wired connection: cannot be through satellite or cell-tower-based hot-spot due to connectivity concerns
- Isolated work-from-home office with closed door that will protect client confidentiality and avoid distractions: due to state and program requirements, all work must be done in a closed environment
- Data Entry // Customer Service Representative must remain at work for the full work hours required each day: schedule is not flexible, and the successful representative will not be able to manage both childcare and work duties
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Good phone voice
- Professional interpersonal manner
- Patient, able to explain a process multiple different ways
Additional information for the Data Entry // Customer Service Representative position
Mandatory on-site (Jackson, MI) training blocks will be assigned to each representative. Training will be conducted in small cohorts to protect the health of all participants.
Work-from-home office setup will begin in September.
Program staff must be located close enough to Jackson, MI to receive home-office visits from program director as part of the office setup process.
If Michigan COVID cases reach a low enough number, all employees will transition to working from the Jackson office daily.
Program goes fully live on October 1.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $11.50 - $12.50 per hour