Perform all functions of the role
· Follow the guidelines as printed in the description of duties for the function
· Assures all products produced meet the production specifications, food safety and regulatory requirements
· Establish high performance standards in housekeeping, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), American Points (HACCP) requirements
· Responsible for the accurate operation of computer system as required in production processes
· Operate auxiliary equipment as needed for each respective function
· Operates in a safe manner according to manual, training and batch card instructions to ensure high quality and food safe product
· Responsible for all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SSOP’s) and GMP to include pre-start check lists, scale checks, forklift check list, code dates on labels, lot numbers on formulas, and batch verification counts, etc.
· Responsible for communicating to lead or supervisor any quality, safety, scheduling and food safety issues within their department or the plant
· Responsible for maintaining work station and keeping it clean and organized
· Perform all the above tasks in a safe manner by following company GMP’s, SOP’s and safety regulations
· All responsibilities must be required to assist in training adhere to the Food Defense and Security functions within the facility
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Demonstrate the “Dawn Values” of the Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence
Required Qualifications / Levels of Competence
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
· Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving in variable situations
· Must be able to work well with others and independently
· Forklift certified is helpful, and must be able to become certified
· Computer skills helpful
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Works with: Production – all levels, Shipping, Quality Assurance, Production Scheduler, Maintenance
The physical demands descried here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp, move, or utilize objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to use sensory perception for quality measurement of products.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
Sunday night thru Thursday night - 6pm to 6am
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.04 per hour