We are searching for two reliable Apartment Maintenance Technicians. The Apartment Maintenance Technician's responsibilities include cleaning common areas and performing painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry duties. You should also resolve tenants' maintenance-related queries and complaints as they arise.
To be successful as an Apartment Maintenance Technician, you should demonstrate an organized, thorough approach to your duties. Ultimately, an outstanding Apartment Maintenance Technician will remain abreast of technological advances that could facilitate their functions in this role.
· Repair/replace door knobs, locks, hinges, and gates, as required.
· Repairing and unclogging toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and exterior drains.
· Replacing carpets and wooden floors.
· Installing and repairing wires, plugs, and switches.
· Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors in common areas.
· Painting- interior and exterior.
· Disposing of trash found in common areas.
· Tracking inventory to ensure that you have adequate maintenance supplies.
· Ensuring that fire extinguishers, hydrants, alarms, and emergency exits remain in excellent working condition at all times.
· Unlocking apartments in instances where tenants have lost or forgotten their keys.
· Scheduling repairs that warrant special technical skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Prior experience as an Apartment Maintenance Technician or in a similar role.
· Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Painting, Carpentry experience required.
· Ability to stand for extended periods.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Dexterity and attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Available to work on weekends, if required.
· Available to be on-call, if necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour