Pharmacy Technician - JF
Job description Education/Training/Experience: • Michigan Pharmacy Technician License Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Professional demeanor;
• Assist patients dropping off or picking up prescription orders;
• Enter and process prescription orders into the computer using the correct inventory and billing method
• Create and update patient’s health and insurance information in the computer;
• Assist the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with local, state, federal, and company regulations;
• Keep pharmacy cleaned and organized
• Communicate with insurance carriers to obtain payment for prescription claims;
• At point of sale, verify that customer receives correct prescription(s);
• Complete Daily Wholesale Orders, place orders on shelves, and verify all associated paperwork;
• Keep pharmacy cleaned and organized.
• Assist the pharmacist with filling and labeling prescriptions;
• Pull out-dated inventory and track pharmacy supplies.
• Screen telephone calls for the Pharmacist;
• Communicate with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorization and any required prescription information
• Calculate prescription dosage ordered by Provider
• Assuring responsibility, tracking of pharmacy supplies.
• Maintain an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into practice;
• Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques;
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work practices and instructions.
• High school diploma or graduate equivalent degree;
• Ability to respect confidentiality of patient data;
• Strong communication skills;
• Courteous attitude;
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations;
• Knowledge of computer operations;
• Knowledge of medication brand and generic names;
• Knowledge of insurance and third-party payment systems;
• Strong organization and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Routine testing/training on various job-related skills and competencies.
• Michigan Pharmacy Technician License
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Professional demeanor;