-Signing bonus of $5,000-
We are looking for a motivated, compassionate and caring dental hygienist who can provide patient care for our rapidly expanding dental practice.
Patient care schedule is Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. As stated, this position is initially part-time, however, it is expected to expand to a full-time position in the next 90 days.
Dental Hygienist Job Duties:
- Welcomes patient, soothes and allays fear. Educates patient by providing information as required and review of proper home maintenance. Familiarizes and verifies insurance requirements for frequency. Reappoints patient at time of visit for recare. Identifies family members who are overdue and ensures patients are appointed. Charts all existing and out of office dental work. Charts with doctor at time of exam and develops recommended treatment plan. Feels comfortable presenting and recommending treatment.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis or periodontal maintenance by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins. Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession. Acquires required x-rays. Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Supports patient recare program and maintains consistent schedule.
As one of SE Michigan’s leading dental practices and in the running for BEST DENTAL PRACTICE in Jackson, MI for 2021, we are pleased to offer our patients cosmetic, restorative, implant, and family dentistry services in a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
Competitive wages, earned vacation time, paid dental services for employee and immediate family members, BCBS of MI health insurance after 90 days, paid holidays, 401 k and contributing match, profit sharing and continuing education credits from a board-certified implantologist and opportunities for advancement are just a few reasons why a career with us is an investment in your future!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $38.00 per hour
Hire in benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Presentation skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dental Hygienist: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (Required)
- One location
- General Dentistry
- Specialty Clinic
- Oral and Maxillofacial
- Waiting period may apply
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $38.00 per hour