Reports to: Press Floor Supervisor
Summary: Provide support to Dexter Stamping Company through the effective manufacture of quality parts to meet customer delivery schedules.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Daily visual maintenance inspection of machine, work station and supplies; assist in die set and pull operations; observe machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction; perform minor machine maintenance; and mix/use correct oil.
- Manufacture quality product to meet production schedule quantities and dates and audit parts throughout the manufacturing process to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Make sure quality check sheets are proper gages are at workstation. Make sure all paperwork, pull/setup sheet, routing, labels and quality documents are filled out properly and turned in
- Maintain clean, safe, well-organized workstation and surrounding area.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by the Production Supervisor.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including environmental and quality standards.
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Is legally authorized to work in the United States on a Full-time basis.
- Perform all duties in a professional, productive manner, with emphasis on our Quality and Safety Policies.
- Works under the supervision of the Press Room Supervisor.
- Must be mechanically inclined, with troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Is skillful in the operation of typically used related tools, materials, and equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus 1-year manufacturing experience.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job.
- Climate: Heat, humid
- Fumes or airborne particles (dust, smoke)
- Contact with chemicals (cleaners, oils)
- Protective equipment
- Employee works around moving mechanical parts, tools and machinery While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibration.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We encourage women, veterans and minorities to apply.