JOB DESCRIPTION – Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
Digital Coordinator for Jackson County Chamber of Commerce and Jackson County Visitors Bureau (Experience Jackson)
POSITION: Digital Coordinator for Jackson County Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) and Jackson County Visitors Bureau (Experience Jackson) salaried full-time position with some evenings and weekend required.
Summary: This is a full-time, salary position responsible for maintaining and improving the image and awareness of both the Chamber and Experience Jackson in Jackson County, MI and beyond. This position reports directly to the President of the Jackson County Chamber and of Experience Jackson.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The overall task of the Digital Coordinator is to increase awareness of Jackson County’s visitor attractions, Experience Jackson’s mission and services and the Chamber’s mission and services by:
- Coordinating and overseeing all online marketing and promotional efforts;
- Oversee the acquisition of photos and videos
- Manage a blogger and travel writer program
- Assist with Michigan.org partnership and online information
- Write and distribute press releases as needed
- Social Media, including but not limited to content creation & curation, paid advertising and analysis and reporting of analytics
- Email Marketing, including but not limited to writing and distributing enewsletter and growing the recipient list
- Manage the organization website through SEO, updating and verifying all content, analyzing and reporting on analytics and managing and growing community calendar
- Design a variety of promotional materials with InDesign, including but not limited to paper fliers, online ads and print ads;
- Assisting with the annual editorial calendar, marketing plan and budget;
- Staffing trade shows and other events to promote Jackson as necessary;
- Effectively present information, both verbally and written, and respond to questions from clients and customers;
- Frequently lift and move up to 40 pounds;
- Assisting with general office duties, including clerical duties, answering the phone, assisting walk-ins and coordinating out of office time;
- Other duties as appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or experience
- Knowledge: Computer proficiency in standard Microsoft programs, InDesign and understanding of other computer programs. Strong understanding of social media, online marketing, website maintenance and management. Experience with photography and videography. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally. Knowledge of community assets a bonus.
- Previous experience: One year of website management. Two years of social media marketing. One to two years of travel and/or tourism.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or conceptual form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position reports directly to the Experience Jackson and Chamber President.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work hours are generally reasonable, but there are routinely early morning meetings, evening meetings and periods when weekend work is required.