DIRECT REPORTS: ReStore staff and other employees who may be temporarily assigned
INDIRECT REPORTING: Volunteers, Stakeholders
POSITION SUMMARY: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of GJHFH operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of ReStore products. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International and its Affiliates.
Implements and drives programs for donation. Operations management, including: consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets in order to provide a high quality customer experience.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all Associate positions the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
- Ensure the executive director is regularly informed on the status of the ReStore with particular attention paid to problem areas, project status and extraordinary events.
- Identify and initiate opportunities to reduce expenses and create increased operational efficiencies.
- Supervise maintenance of facility and equipment.
- Network with other Habitat ReStores and serve as mentor to interested affiliates.
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising
- Raise the profile of the Habitat ReStore in our community.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
- Actively participate with appropriate community groups.
- Identify additional opportunities for fund raising and coordinate with the ReStore Committee and Executive Director’s fund raising plan.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Hire, train and manage ReStore Associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies, and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood and adhered to.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and the Executive Director when required.
- Enhance the organization’s culture by reinforcing core values and fostering a positive work environment.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to executive director.
- Keep executive director informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 year’s responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing Associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent Leadership skills including: Associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team Building through positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability . . . a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal Presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.