Jackson Public Schools
- Schools & Colleges
Welcome to Jackson Public Schools. "Where Community Comes Together!" JPS works with students, families, educators and the community to empower all students to achieve academic and social success through a relevant and comprehensive curriculum that, in turn, prepares them to be innovative and productive students.
There is no greater strength than that of a community that works together to achieve success for its youth. It is through strong partnerships with agencies such as the Center for Family Health, the City of Jackson Recreation Department, the Department of Health & Human Services, the Community Action Agency and the Jackson Police Department that JPS is able to provide connections and wrap around services for its families.
Jackson Public Schools is committed to innovative academic success for each student. JPS offers a K-8 International Baccalaureate Program, free K-4 Montessori, all day Kindergarten and early elementary programs.
Jackson High School offers more Advanced Placement courses than any other Jackson County high school. A unique partnership with Jackson College provides enhanced math AP and college readiness courses. Additional offerings include dual enrollment with area colleges, Virtual Learning and a partnership with the Jackson Area Career Center for career path training,
Jackson Public Schools mission is to bring our community together to create a culture of academic excellence and workforce readiness. We too envision a community where all students become lifelong learners.
Whom to Contact
- Jeff BealSuperintendent522 Wildwood AveJackson, MI 49201Phone: (517) 841-2200
- Kelli DickersonPhone: (517) 841-2287
- Kriss GiannettiDirector of Communications522 Wildwood AveJackson, MI 49201Phone: (517) 841-2148
- Michele OxleyExecutive Assistant, Superintendent Office522 Wildwood AveJackson, MI 49201Phone: (517) 841-2202
- John RuddellAssistant Superintendent Finance & OperationPhone: (517) 841-2203