LifeWays Reestablishes Full Clinical Operations Both On-Site and in the Community
November 18, 2020
November 18, 2020Public Relations Coordinator
Contact: Chelsea Oliver
Contact: Chelsea Oliver
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LifeWays Reestablishes Full Clinical Operations Both On-Site and in the CommunityJackson, MI - LifeWays Community Mental Health (LifeWays) has reestablished full clinical operations both on-site and in the community; however, this is an ever-changing situation due to COVID-19. LifeWays will be following advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA), county health officials, and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).
Alterations may need to be made to which services are available due to recommendations or orders based on local and state conditions. Currently, LifeWays is still considered to be an essential service as it provides mental health care to the community, and therefore will remain open and available given the latest changes from the State.
Current Available Services: LifeWays will resume all clinical operations and those essential support operations with employee and contract provider training/education, prevention, and screenings. These operations will continue with the ongoing use of social distancing and personal protective equipment (PPE) as recommended by CDC, local health departments, MIOSHA, and MDHHS.
• COVID-19 screening protocols at all LifeWays facilities will continue, social distancing requirements will continue, telehealth appointments will start becoming limited, and group meetings continue to be held via video.
• LifeWays requests all consumers to be mindful of potential symptoms that may signal COVID-19 infection such as fever, cough, runny nose or shortness of breath, and to remain home if these symptoms are present and that consumers avoid presenting to LifeWays if they or a household member has had a fever within the past 72 hours. Face coverings, as required by MDHHS, will be required for entry into any LifeWays facility.
• LifeWays staff will call consumers prior to any scheduled home or community visits and will complete the COVID-19 screening tool. If illness is reported, appointments will transition to telehealth until all members of the home have been symptom-free for 72 hours (in accordance with CDC Guidelines).
• All LifeWays services will be considered for face-to-face unless there is clear documentation as to the need for telehealth services.
• Crisis Services will continue providing face-to-face pre-screens for inpatient placement with use of PPE, dependent on hospital policies.
• All face-to-face activities will occur after a COVID-19 screening has been completed and with use of face coverings, as well as ability to abide by social distancing rules. Concerns about face-to-face services versus telehealth shall be addressed by the consumer’s treatment team.
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. According to the Centers for Disease Control, reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed cases.
LifeWays extends appreciation to the community for its flexibility during this time to help ensure the health and safety of its consumers and LifeWays staff. Amid this pandemic, LifeWays encourages everyone to monitor their own physical and mental health. Know the signs of stress and try to recognize it in yourself and your loved ones. If you are struggling with your mental health, you can contact LifeWays Community Mental Health 24/7 at 1 (800) 284-8288.
LifeWays Community Mental Health
LifeWays Community Mental Health provides mental health support, information, and services to residents of Jackson and Hillsdale counties. LifeWays ensures that all county residents who have a severe mental illness, emotional disturbance, intellectual or developmental disability, or substance use disorder receive the services they need to assist them in recovery. For more information, visit LifeWaysCMH.org. Hope and help begin at LifeWays Community Mental Health.
1200 N West Ave
Jackson, MI 49202
25 Care Dr
Hillsdale, MI 49242
Rebecca Calkins, Public Relations Coordinator
email@example.com, (517) 789-2490